Kawaii Box is a subscripton box that promises the cutest items from Japan and Korea to be delivered to you every month. I have subscribed to this box in the past and have currently taken out a new three month subscription. Compared to similar boxes, the price is not too expensive (about £13ish per box, including free shipping). So what did I get for my first month?
- Watermelon purse – really cute and perfect for summer!
- Kawaii animals pouch – the design is really nice and the item is quite practical
- Pom pom pen – a stylish item to add to your pencil case
- Plastic bear bag charm – for me, it doesn’t look that nice but others might appreciate it
- Ice cream charm – again I am not such a fan of this; it isn’t the sort of thing I would attach to my bag
- Harajuku bow hairclip – I like the light blue colour of the bow, the coloured spots not so much
- Fresh Kiwi Juice fan – this fan is quite unusual in its design. The various paddles have a “fresh kiwi juice” design which is cute and perfect for summer! The fan can be closed to fit in your handbag.
- Bear Pocket Mirror – I like the bear’s face – it is so cute! This would be something I would carry in my bag
- Kabaya Panda Cookies – I was so happy to see this…I really like them – panda shaped biscuits with milk and white chocolate. The biscuits usually have different panda faces on, but unfortunately, when I opened the box, all the biscuits had melted together! Instead of little cute panda faces, it was one big panda-ish glob 😦 They still taste great but I was a little disappointed…
- Fruit Stickers – I like food with cute faces on 🙂
- Korean Deco Glitter Set – this is ideal for those who like arts and crafts
- Elephant Mini Plush – I usually like these sort of things but not really a fan of elephants
This is bit of a mixed bag for me – some of the items I really liked such as the fan, mirror and stickers. Some of items I didn’t like, such as the plastic bear charm. I was really sad to see that my panda cookies had melted together too. In the past, I really rated Kawaii Box as a great service. Yet with all subscription boxes, you have to consider that you won’t like all of the items – it depends on the monthly choice. Perhaps I will love next month’s box…